Firestone Building Products is proud of its strong association affiliations. Visit the websites below to learn more about the commercial roof, wall, and specialty products industries.
Architect, Specifier and Roof Consultant Associations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)— Represents the professional interests of America’s architects with more than 80,000 members that include licensed architects, emerging professionals and allied partners.
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)— National association comprised of a cross section of specifiers, architects, engineers, contractors and building materials.
- RCI, Inc.— An international association of professional consultants, architects, and engineers who specialize in the specification and design of roofing, waterproofing and exterior wall systems.
- Florida Roofing & Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors Association (FRSA) — Founded to unite contractors and businesses with related interests, to foster and encourage a high standard of business ethics among its members, and to encourage quality through research, education, and recognition of competence.
- National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA)— One of the construction industry’s oldest trade associations and the voice of professional roofing contractors worldwide.
- North/East Roofing Contractors Association (NERCA)— Regional roofing contractors association covering the northeast United States, including Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Delaware.
- Midwest Roofing Contractors Association (MRCA)— Association of roofing contractors that have joined together to develop and administer programs and services that help member companies build their business and save money while continually working to improve the roofing industry.
- Western States Roofing Contractors Association (WSRCA)— Professional roofing industry organization for the western United States and is committed to serving members and consumers alike.
- EPDM Roofing Association (ERA)— Formed to provide the construction and roofing industries with current and accurate data documenting the many benefits of EPDM roofing systems.
- Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA)— Trade association representing the majority of North America’s asphalt roofing manufacturing companies and their raw material suppliers.
- Energy Star Roof Products Program— Encourages and promotes the use and availability of Energy Star compliant products to reduce air pollution and mitigate the urban heat island effect.
- Metal Construction Association (MCA) — An industry-wide vehicle through which members of the metal in construction industry can develop and implement both macro and microprograms and activities to more widely promote the use of metal in construction.
- Polyiso Insulation Manufacturers Association (PIMA)— National trade association that represents polyiso insulation manufacturers and suppliers to the polyiso industry.
- Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association (RCMA)— Represents the manufacturers of cold-applied coatings and cements used for roofing and waterproofing, as well as suppliers of products, equipment, and services.
- Single-Ply Roofing Institute (SPRI)— Recognized technical and statistical authority on the Single Ply Roofing Industry.
- Alliance to Save Energy — Supports energy efficiency as a cost-effective energy resource under existing market conditions and advocates energy-efficiency policies that minimize costs to society and individual consumers, and that lessen greenhouse gas emissions and their impact on the global climate.
Standards and Testing Associations
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)— One of the largest voluntary standards development organizations in the world and a trusted source for technical standards for materials, products, systems, and services and is known for its high technical quality and market relevancy.
- British Standards Institute— A leading global independent business services organization.
- Center for Environmental Innovation in Roofing—A not-for-profitorganization whose mission is to promote the development and use of environmentally responsible, high performance roof systems and technologies.
- FM Global— Provides comprehensive global commercial and industrial property insurance, engineering-driven underwriting and risk management solutions, groundbreaking property loss prevention research and prompt, professional claims handling.
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc.— Trusted global source for product compliance testing for public safety for more than a century.