Green building, also known as sustainable building, is both a structure and a process that is environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building’s life cycle. A critical part of green building includes innovative products and services for the rooftop: solar PV systems, daylighting systems, and vegetative roofing systems. These innovative products and services for the rooftop will increase energy efficiency. They also use environmentally responsible design methods and materials, and improve the work environment for occupants.
1. Describe energy-efficient products and services available to building owners, specifiers, and contractors.
2. Discuss photovoltaic roofing options.
3. Identify the features and benefits of daylighting solutions.
4. List the options and advantages of vegetative roofing systems.
5. Explain the value of roof warranties and the importance of ongoing preventive maintenance.