CLAD-GARD™ SA is a self-adhered premium metal roofing underlayment with a non-reinforced, rubberized asphalt waterproofing membrane for excellent flexibility, adhesion and traction. The membrane is water and fire resistant . CLAD-GARD SA can be applied directly to Firestone ISO 95+ GL, Firestone ISOGARD™ HD, Firestone Resista Polyiso, Firestone HailGard Composite, OSB and plywood substrates. It is included in the Firestone Red Shield™ Warranty and is eligible for a 25-year Medallion Warranty.
CLAD-GARD™ SA-FR with CoreGard™ Technology is the only self-adhered, UL Class A, waterproof underlayment, for metal roofing assemblies, on the market today. This single layer of underlayment out-performs the competition, when it comes to keeping your building and the occupants inside safe. It is the only underlayment you will need on a combustible deck under a metal roof to achieve a UL Class A standard. The competition requires at least two layers to achieve this, giving CLAD-GARD SA-FR a superior position in the marketplace with labor and material savings.
• Provides a UL Class A rated metal roofing system, with one layer, as opposed to multiple layers of competitive products.
• CoreGard Technology is a self-adhering, lightweight membrane that gives waterproofing protection, keeping the contents of your building dry.
• 120-day exposure rate allows this product to be installed, even when the metal roofing products are not on-site.
• Skid-resistant surface makes this product safe for installers, when working on a sloped roof.
• Significant cost savings, on materials and labor due to a one-layer application, as opposed to multiple layers, to achieve UL Class A and waterproofing protection
• No primer required to install this product above 40°F, making it a quick and easy install.
• Even if a UL Class A roof is not specified, you can provide the same UL Class A protection for the cost of a premium underlayment for roughly the same cost, which would be needed regardless.
CLAD-GARD™ R is an economical choice in Firestone’s self-adhered underlayment offering. Featuring ahighly textured, slip resistant surface, CLAD-GARD R provides traction for greater walkability during installation and maintenance. Available in an unboxed, two-square roll, this underlayment has a split-release backer for easy installation and can be directly applied to Firestone HailGard Composite, OSB and plywood substrates. Since CLAD-GARD R is waterproof, it can be exposed for up to two months during construction without the need for tarping. It is eligible for up to a 20-year Firestone Red Shield Warranty.
CLAD-GARD™ MA is a mechanically attached synthetic roofing underlayment ideal for use in slopes steeper than 5:12. The membrane requires fewer nails than conventional felt underlayment’s and is stronger and lighter than 30# felt. This 100% recyclable membrane contains no organic material, which can help prevent mold growth, is water and fire resistant. Clad-Gard MA can remain exposed for 90 days and can withstand temperatures up to 230°F (110 °C). CLAD-GARD MA can be applied directly to Firestone HailGard Composite, OSB and plywood substrates. It is eligible for up to a 20-year Firestone Red Shield Warranty.