Made to withstand the elements over time, learn how Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) membranes are designed to offer exceptional resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone, and weathering. Gain an understanding of why TPO single-ply roofing systems are the fastest-growing commercial roofing product, and have gained broad industry acceptance for their many performance and installation advantages such as heat-welded seams. This course reinforces that not all thermoplastic roofing solutions are alike, and that TPO is the most environmentally friendly thermoplastic available.
1. Describe TPO, its physical characteristics, and performance advantages, emphasizing its proven historical performance as a green roofing product.
2. Explain the three system-attachment types (ballasted, mechanically attached, and fully adhered).
3. Describe seaming steps and accessories.
4. Differentiate between types of thermoplastics (TPO and PVC).
5. Evaluate key factors to consider for selecting between TPO and PVC roofing systems.